Grammantics Privacy Principles
- Grammantics is a forum for learning, exploration, and idea sharing— with highest standards of decency, fairness, security, and integrity.
- All lessons, examples, images, and activities are based on values of respect, inclusion, and professionalism.
- Grammantics takes all precautions to collect, store, and safeguard all personal information you provide.
- We are dedicated to protecting the privacy of all institutions, administrators, educators, students, adult learners, and online visitors to this site.
- In keeping with our vision to provide a focused online learning environment—free of distractions—the Grammantics website does not accept or display advertising.
Securing Your Personal Information
Grammantics collects personally identifiable information on a voluntary basis, including your name, email address, phone, school name and location, teaching role and grade, and other credit card/billing information related to the licensing of this course.
We do not—either within the application or on the website—collect information on free or reduced lunch status, precise geolocation data, health or biometric data, or sensitive personal information.
The information you voluntarily provide is used for internal purposes only and will not be sold or provided to third parties for marketing, advertising, or any commercial purpose. Once information is received, it is stored in our files for the following purposes:
- monitoring usership,
- improving/updating website content,
- educational research
- communication with site participants, and
- response to visitor inquiries only
Once information is reviewed, it is either discarded or stored in our files. If we make material changes in the collection of personally identifiable information, we will inform you by posting a notice on this site.
You may accept or decline cookies by modifying your Web browser; however, if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this site.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
This website is intended for adults and young adults over age 13. We operate the Grammantics site in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under 13 years old.
For any state law that requires consent or authorization from a parent/guardian for the collection or use of information concerning a student, the parent/guardian, teacher, school or school district is responsible and liable for meeting any applicable consent requirement.
Release of Information
If Grammantics is sold, the information you have voluntarily provided to participate in this site may transfer to the new owner as part of the sale, so that the service being provided to you may continue. In the event of a sale, you will receive notice through our website of that change in ownership and practices. We will make reasonable effort to ensure that the purchaser honors any opt-out requests you submit.
To Correct, Update or Remove Your Personal Information on Grammantics
If you have submitted personal information through this website and would like Grammantics to delete, correct, or update it, click on this email link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates and Effective Date
Agreeing to Terms
As of 09.29.22